Click to enlarge images
Post-war Canadian Naval demonstration team and their Seafires Mk. XV. Both photographs have been taken at the de Havilland Airport in Toronto during the first week of September, 1946.
The Seafires were part of No. 803 Squadron Royal Canadian Navy based at Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The team flew to Toronto to participate in a large post-war air show. The Seafire demonstration team performed for 8 days before returning to Nova Scotia.
The aircraft marked “Z”, serial no. PR461 was flown by the team leader, Lieutenant Commander C G.Watson RCN. The distinctive spinners were polished aluminum with Red bands. [Pat Murphy coll.]