Click on the image to enlarge
The unveiling of a 1/4 scale Spitfire memorial intended as a tribute to Polish fighter pilots stationed at Northolt during World War II. The location is the Orchard Inn in Ruislip.
During the years 1940-1943, Northolt became home to many Polish fighter squadrons. Polish flying personnel quickly selected the Orchard Inn as their favourite, frequenting it to such a degree that the owner had a sign put up over the counter stating briefly but informatively: ENGLISH SPOKEN.