This is my 1/48 Spitfire Mk.1b finished with the markings of No. 92 Squadron during the summer of 1941. The base model was 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vb, which I backdated to Mk. Ib configuration.
The cockpit was modified with the following parts:
- Eduard PE instrument panel
- Eduard PE RAF seat belts.
- Ultracast Spitfire resin seat # 48149
- Cutting Edge GM2 gunsight # 48157
The additional replacements parts to convert the model from Mk. Vb to Mk. Ib were:
- Ultracast #48112 de Havilland 3-blade propeller and spinner
- Ultracast #61032 Spitfire Mk. I exhaust
- The elevators from Ultracast # 61032 Spitfire Mk. I Control surfaces set.
The painting was done with Gunze Sangyo acrylics. Upper surfaces were painted to match RAF Dark Green / Dark Earth and the underside to the RAF Sky. The decals are from Aeromaster (# 48682 )
Happy Modelling from Istanbul, Turkey!