Flying Legends 1/4 RC Spitfire Kit

Spitfire Site

  Product Flying Legends 1/4 RC Spitfire Product type 1/4 scale R/C or static display model kit Manufacturer Flying Legends www.flying-legends.co.uk   Availability and pricing ...

 

Product Flying Legends 1/4 RC Spitfire
Product type 1/4 scale R/C or static display model kit
Manufacturer Flying Legends
www.flying-legends.co.uk  
Availability and pricing TBA.
Available to order via manufacturer’s website www.flying-legends.co.uk

Michael Booth is a commercial model maker and the owner of the Flying Legends brand.  The new flagship product from this label is a 1/4 scale flying kit of a Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IX.

The kit is all-moulded. The level of detail provided is commendable and includes all rivets and Dzus fasteners.

According to Mike, the completed model shares the fine flying qualities of a full-size Spitfire, down to the stall characteristics. The kit has been well proven and refined over four prototypes.

Flying Legends may also produce a static display version for museums and memorials finished to order in any livery. 

13 Comments | Add New

By Mike Booth  |  2011-01-06 at 22:49  |  permalink

She is 100% scale, clearly the photos are little squashed in the horizontal.

By Editor  |  2011-01-08 at 08:41  |  permalink

Mike,

We’re using a dynamic page layout on this site which automatically adapts to the available screen real estate. However, on the smallest screens (1024px across which I also have on my laptop), the images will be squeezed that little bit in the horizontal to fit the lower width of the main content area. That affects about 15% of all visitors and for the most part is not noticeable (vide the top photo in your article). In exchange, the remaining 85% of visitors may enjoy the images in larger size!

Regards,
/Martin

By Hugo Peyer  |  2011-09-07 at 21:23  |  permalink

Iam highly interestd in your Spitfire. Please let me know all the details as soon as possible.
Best regards from Switzerland.

By mark prowse  |  2012-01-21 at 11:45  |  permalink

Hello to you all, i have inherited a part built flying ledgends spit with a 62 inch wing span and are looking to compleat it, i am missing some parts and the full drawing although i have the construction manual.

can you help
best regards
Mark

By Peter Rowlings  |  2012-07-02 at 11:25  |  permalink

Dear Mr Booth,
Congratulations on your successful cross-channel flight.

Last winter I aquired a copy of Radio Control Scale Aircraft, Spring 1989, comlpete with the plan of your Albatros DVa. Suitably impressed I enlarged the plan and with mods am now building a 1/5th scale version.

I am having problems getting compound curves with the 1/64 th ply skinning of the fuselage. Any help or advice that you can offer to solve this problem would be greatly appeciated.

Here’s hoping,
Peter Rowlings
Ramsey M A C

New Comment