With IPMS Scale Modelworld 2010 due next weekend, the offerings and news from various publishers keep dropping into my mailbox.
Despite its formal status of a hobby show arranged by a nonprofit organization, Scale Modelworld is an event of industrial magnitude, with rock-solid international reputation and a vast crowd of enthusiasts visiting every year. The event is also a showcase of everything that the hobby industry has to offer, attracting all the best hobby traders, modelling companies and publishers in the UK.
SAM Publications, the publishers of well-known (and excellent) model aviation magazine, Scale Aviation Modeller, advised us about their show offering. Visiting their stand at IPMS Scale Modelworld, you should be able to get a good deal on their latest aviation book offerings, including:
- Hot off the Press, Air Wars vol. 2 ‘Khalkhin Gol’, (RRP £19.99) show price £15.00
- Government Scrappage Scheme Purchase: Modeller’s Data File No. 11: Sea Harrier and No. 17 RAF Harrier – both books beautifully printed and essential Harrier handbooks for modellers. These books combined with AirData AV8B Harrier will sell for an incredible £25.00
- ‘The Phantom Collection’, consisting of three different Datafile titles on the F-4 Phantom – £25.00 for the set
- You can also purchase the entire AirData Series, being illustrated reference compendia for each of the: Hawk, Harrier, Tornado, Warthog, Eurofighter and Strike Eagle. The complete collection, including a free binder will cost £40.00
You can also get one of the initial titles in the Modeller’s Data File series for half-price: the Lancaster, Spitfire Pt.2, Lightning, Meteor, Bf109 Pts 1&2 and Sea Harrier. I am myself a happy owner of some of these and can witness about their fidelity.
For more information on these titles, visit www.sampublications.com
Another useful hint for Scale Modelworld visitors comes from the Aviation Bookshop. This company will arrange a book signing day for three brand-new aviation titles from Harpia Publishing:
- IRIAF 2010: The Modern Iranian Air Force RRP £32.99
- AFRICAN MiGs: Vol.1 RRP £32.99
- LATIN AMERICAN MIRAGES: Mirage III/5/F.1/2000 in Service with South American Air Arms RRP £32.99
The authors Tom Cooper, David Nicolle and Farzard Bishop will be signing copies of these new books, and special trade prices will be available.
For more information, visit www.aviation-bookshop.com